Protecting God's Children
THANK YOU FOR VOLUNTEERING AT ASCENSION CHURCH & SCHOOL!
Ascension Catholic Church and School follow the Archdiocese of St. Louis Safe Environment Program (Protecting God’s Children). The program is designed to help protect the youth, elderly, and vulnerable adults of our parish as they participate in activities within our community. This process also provides a layer of protection against the possibility of false accusations for those adults who are involved in our many ministries. If you have any questions, please call Ginger Stamer 636-532-3304 or [email protected].
I need to take a Protecting God’s Children workshop. How do I find one?
You must register online here.
To see schedules for workshops at other parishes and organizations, click here.
I have taken a Protecting God’s Children workshop. What is the next step?
- Verify you are registered with virtusonline.org
- Complete the worker registration form (linked below)
- Sign the last page of the Commitment to Ethical Conduct Booklet (linked below)
- If you have lived outside of Missouri in the last 5 years, you must complete the American Checked form (linked below)
I am a teen and would like to volunteer. What do I need to do?
If you are under 18 years old or still in high school, and wish to volunteer at Ascension Church and School, please complete the Code of Ethical Conduct for Youth form, and return it to Ginger Stamer in the parish office.
PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN INFORMATION & FORMS
- How to Register for a Workshop
- Code of Ethical Conduct booklet
- Workers Registration form
- Commitment to Ethical Conduct form (LAST PAGE OF THIS DOCUMENT)
- American Checked Form
- Virtus Registration instructions
- Code of Ethical Conduct for Youth
- Archdiocesan Safe Environment information
Victims of sexual abuse, in addition to contacting civil authorities, are asked to come forward in order to receive pastoral assistance.
Reports of abuse may be made to any Pastor or to:
Sandra Price, Executive Director
Missouri Department of Social Services
Children's Division Hotline Reporting Number: