***UPDATE FROM FR. MOLINI (as of May 15, 2021)
With the recent announcements from the CDC, St. Louis County, and the Archdiocese of St. Louis, we are relaxing many of the restrictions for those attending Mass. Let me stress that this change is due in a large part to the effectiveness of the vaccine available to all those over the age of 12. We ask that when in church at Ascension, we still maintain some distance from those outside our household unless both parties are comfortable sitting closer together. Masks are still required for those “who have not received a vaccination against the COVID-19 virus.” Those who feel more safe wearing a mask in larger gatherings are encouraged to do so. Please, when choosing a seat in church, be considerate of those who choose to maintain greater distance at this time.
Practices at Ascension (as of November 17, 2020)
- A face mask is required at all times. Very young children can wear a mask at parents'
- Follow the seating directions in every pew
- Maintain social distance at all times
- Pick up a bulletin at the doors – the songs are inside. Take it with you as you leave for your reading pleasure
- Please place your donation in the basket at the door instead of passing the basket during Mass…Thanks!
- Receiving Holy Communion in the hand is encouraged
- Missalettes have been removed from the pews; download MyParish app for readings and much more information
- For your information:
- The pews are cleaned with disinfectant everyday
- The use of hand sanitizer is encouraged and available at all the
doors of the church
- Additional masks are available near the main door of the church